Honggang Yang, Ph.D.
Dean and Professor Emeritus
Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies email@example.com
- Ph.D. in Applied Anthropology, 1991, University of South Florida
- Master of Jurisprudence in Sociology and Social Psychology, 1986, Nankai University
- Diploma, 1982, Harbin City School of Health Professions
- Harvard's Management & Leadership Institute in Education, 2006
Memberships and Affiliations
- Co-Founder, NSU's Inclusion and Diversity Council with Dr. Debra Nixon.
- Senior Advisory Editor, Peace and Conflict Studies
- Editorial Board Member, Conflict Resolution Quarterly, American Review of China Studies, The Qualitative Report, and Lexington Book Series for Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding in Asia.
- Co-Founder, and President (2014-2016), Council of Chinese American Deans & Presidents
- Former Leadership Council Member, Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR), a joint organization of Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution, Academy of Family Mediators, and Conflict Resolution Education Network
- Former Chair, Individualized Master of Arts Program in Conflict Resolution at the McGregor School of Antioch University
- Former Research Associate, The Carter Presidential Center of Emory University
Honors and Awards
- University Finalist of NSU Executive of the Year in Student Life Achievement (2011, 2014, 2018, 2020)
- Recognition for the Dean's Commitment to Students by the CAHSS Student Government Association (2007)
- NSU Academic Dean of the Year (2002)
- Campus Nominee of NSU Administrator of the Year (2000)
- SOCHE Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence from the Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education (1998)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award of the Department of Anthropology, USF (1997)
- Outstanding Instructor of the Year at the Heilongjiang Provincial Health Administrators' Institute, China (1983)
Courses and Publications
- Cross-cultural perspectives to peace and conflict resolution
- Ethnographic methods
- Reflective practice, experiential learning, internship, and practicum
- Anthropological Contributions to Conflict Resolution co-edited with Alvin Wolfe. University of Georgia Press (1996)
- The Disputing Process: An Ethnographic Study in a Homeowners Association.
Conflict Resolution Quarterly (formerly Mediation Quarterly), Vol. 13, No. 2 (1995)
- Resolving Intra-National Conflicts: A Strengthened Role for Inter-Governmental Organizations edited for the International Negotiation Network Consultation. The Carter Center of Emory University Conference Report Series, Vol. 5, No. 1 (1993)
- Neighborly Strangers. "Distant Mirrors: America as a Foreign Culture" edited by P. DeVita and J. Armstrong. Wadsworth Publishing Company (1993, 1998, 2002, 2015)
- Academic Program Initiatives. "Academic Administration" edited by S. Chen.
Nova Science Publishers (2009)
- Conceptualizing Trust: A Holistic Chinese View to Bridge Divergences and Dichotomies, with Hsiu-Ying Chang and Kuang-Hui Yeh, Chinese Journal of Communication, Vol. 7, Issue 2 (2014)
News and Events